Monday, December 31, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
a few things that i learned during the trip:
- the Indonesians are surprisingly not smelly
- the Indonesians are a friendly lot
- they would do anything and everything to sell their goods
- they sell foods everywhere
- the gap between the rich and the poor is so huge
- some of them can be really ganteng and manis (cute/handsome/pretty) while some looks like the typical maids
- it is a shopping haven
- you become instant millionaire when you go there
- you can bargain like hell when you buy stuffs
- the toilets, although not that fancy, clean and modern (no flush, just pour water when you're done) are surprisingly not stinky, unlike ours. even klcc toilets stink!
- i gained weight because i ate rice twice a day boohoo but i cannot help it that the lauks are so delicious
- i drank avocado juice for the first time in my life and it's rich, thick and yummy
- the baksos are delicious
Before I forgot, I hope it’s not too late for me to wish all Muslims Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha and Merry Christmas to all Christians. The day before Raya Haji, mum, lil bro and I went to
The next morning, which was Raya Haji, we had a little celebration of our own where one of the members in our tour group brought lemang, nasi himpit, ketupat, rendang ayam, rendang daging and kuah kacang. Yes, you read right. He (it was a he) brought it all the way to
The next day, we went to Tangkuban Parahu. Legend has it that once there was a very beautiful woman who lived in the jungle with her son. She has no husband. One day she scolded and hit her son’s head for being naughty and the son ran away. Since the woman lived in the jungle, she only ate ulam, roots leaves etc and became awet muda. One day her son, who had already grown into a handsome young man met her and fell in love with her, without knowing that the woman is his mother. The woman also did not know that it was her son until one day she saw the scar on the man’s head. By then, they had promised to marry each other. So she figured out a plan to cancel the wedding. Thinking that the man would not be able to complete the task, she challenged him to build a boat and a lake before dawn. If the man failed to complete it, she will not marry him. The man has some super powers whatever and almost completed the task. This worries the woman, who then consulted her fairy godmother or some spirit of some sort. You know how cerita dulu-dulu is. Anyway the fairy gave her a piece of cloth and told her to wave the cloth. By doing this, the cloth would look like the sun and the roosters will start crowing signifying that it was dawn. However the man found out about it and became very angry and kicked the perahu until it terbalik and the waters in the lake all splashed out. The hills look like a perahu yang terbalik, which is said that that was the perahu that the man kicked, thus the name Tangkuban Perahu and until today, the lake looks nothing more like a crater, with very little water. I stand corrected though because I was sleeping when the tour guide told the story so I had mum and lil bro narrating it to me over lunch. Hehe. After the visit to Tangkuban Parahu, we went to Sari Ater Hot Spring where there was a natural hot spring with healing properties and whatnot. We dipped our feet in the hot water for a few minutes before continuing our journey to a strawberry farm. We had lunch at the farm in its small huts and the foods are simply delicious. After lunch, we went shopping.
On the fourth day, we head back to
Fifth day, we went to visit the Tugu Monumen Nasional a.k.a Tugu Monas, which is like our Dataran Merdeka. Took some pics and even took pics in front of the president’s palace. After that we went shopping like crazy at a huge shopping haven called Mangga Dua. Later in the evening we went to Plaza Senayan, a high-class shopping mall, just like our Pavilion and The Gardens.
On the last day, we walked to Pasar Tanah Abang, another shopping haven, which is just a 10 minute walk from our hotel. Some of the shops were not opened yet but we managed to buy some stuffs there. After lunch we went to Mangga Dua again and shopped somemore before heading to the airport. Our flight home was at 2200hrs but considering the horrible macet, we pushed off to the airport at 6pm and reached there at about 7pm. Thank God traffic was ok. We landed at KLIA at approximately 0130hrs, on Christmas Eve. On the way out of the airport, something happened to Mum, which I shall also deal with in another entry.
Since my internet connection is very very damn bloody f***ing slow at the moment, I will only insert pics later on as it will take forever to upload the pics and by the time it finished uploading, I would have boiled over.
rasa macam nak baling je modem ni kat muka orang streamyx, boleh tak??
Monday, December 17, 2007
Attending conferences is not really my cup of tea but if the conference is held at a hotel by the beach, I thought, why not? Besides, I have no plans for the weekend. Might as well fill my holidays by doing something useful and beneficial, right? When I was invited to join the National Legal Aid Conference at Selesa Beach Resort, Port Dickson for a three day two night conference, I did think twice about it since none of my friends from the Fraser's Hill trip are going. But then I thought if I didn't join this one, when else can I join? When I start work next month, I'm gonna have to take a day off if I were to attend such program. Since it's on national level, it's a great networking opportunity because I get to meet lawyers and people from various state bar and legal aid centers from all across peninsular
On the second day, the conference was held throughout the day. The conference was, well, a conference. hehe. Our minds were already thinking on what to do at the beach so the moment they called it a day, me and my two friends Kamie and Farah quickly changed and hit the beach. First we went on the free horse ride which was totally awesome! I remembered asking mum where can I go for a horse ride in
We planned to have another go on the banana boat the next morning and had promised each other to wake up and give morning calls and what not but come Sunday morning, everybody was too lazy to wake up. Instead of waking up at 730, we woke up at 845am. the conference was supposed to start at 9 but we took our own sweet time to get ready because we found out the other senior lawyers were drinking until the wee hours and we figured that there's no way that they could wake up either hahaha. The session eventually started at 10am. So we were not late after all. As for the two guys, they came in at almost 11. The whole event ended at 1pm. we checked out, had lunch, said our goodbyes, took pictures and head home. This time, I took a lift from Kamie who sent me home.
It was definitely another great and memorable experience and not too mention informative. I am glad that I went to the conference and that I met some really cool people. Ok picture time!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
- i'm still the same ol' me-meaning not a pound lighter nor an inch smaller, eventhough i've been working out quite a lot with mum in Penang (but the makan was just as banyak thus explaining the non-effectiveness of the workout). we went to the youth park on Monday and Wednesday morning, did our poco-poco dance on Tuesday evening, worked my abs on the ab thingy which left me to an achy abs thanks to lil bro who forced me to do numerous sets of sit-ups at one go.
- i've been sleeping really late at night resulting to waking up
reallylate in the day (no need to state the exact time lah)
- trimmed and dyed my hair to a reddish tone. new year=new hair colour. konon2 new spirits.
- surprisingly, chocs ada lagi. but so sikit! stock running dangerously low. need...more...chocs...asap...
- go to PD this weekend for the National Legal Aid Conference (tentatively)
- pack sis's stuffs
- go to the money changer to exchange RM to Rupiah
- shopping and gallivanting in Jakarta & Bandung
- buy Rinie & Najmie's wedding present
- was thinking of donating some old clothes to the flood victims. anyone knows where i can send them to?
- kemas my ever so untidy and messy room
- kemas my wardrobe-eliminate the unnecessary
- file my fair order
- pack my bag for the PD trip. what to wear oh what to wear...there will be lawyers from all over the country so i need to look the part also, no? heh~
- pack my bag for the Jakarta & Bandung trip. was thinking of buying some tops and skirts and a cute comfy shoes to be worn there but since i'm going there, it's gonna be way cheaper, right? should i or should i not?
Thursday, December 06, 2007
they are super cute when they are puppies and when they don't bark.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
btw look at what my officemates got for me. chocolates! the parker pens are from boyfy. so now i have a stockful of chocolates to last me this holiday weeehoooo~ but at the rate i'm
Friday, November 30, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
- I strive and try to be a good and berhemah driver on the road. But there are certain things that just piss the hell out of me, among others, people who just don’t appreciate when you let them cross the road. For example, I slowed down my car in order to let them cross. Sometimes I even stopped my car and give them ‘signal’ to cross. Bila orang dah bagi lintas tu, by all means, lintas la cepat! Ini tak, terhegeh-hegeh, terkedek-kedek lintas jalan
OMGsometimes I feel like stepping on my accelerator and run over them! Seriously. If people stopped their car and let me cross, I would cross as fast as I could to the extent that I sometimes berlari-lari anak, with or without high-heels. I don’t need you to put up your hand to show your appreciation. All I am asking for is for you to cross quickly! For the ladies, tak payah nak control cun, control ayu in front of me for haven’s sake I’m not a guy! And for the guys, don’t act all macho and cool and try to walk at your own pace!
- I went for a wedding in Dewan Perdana Felda yesterday and among the guests were families with kids, big and small. While the upacara merenjis was taking place, there were screams and wails of kids. Can you imagine how annoying it is? And then there were kids running around inside the hall playing with the bunga maggar etc. merosakkan majlis ok! Can’t really blame the kids can we? It all comes down to the parents. So maybe, just maybe when and if I have my wedding reception in the grand hall, or any other hall for that matter, I shall state on the invitation card NO
KIDSALLOWED. What do you think? Harsh, I know but unless and until the parents make their kids behave, they will not be allowed in. Note to self: make sure in the future own kids behave.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I had a lunch meeting with a client yesterday afternoon, just the two of us since The Cat was not able to make it. So he sent me instead. We initially wanted to have lunch at The Marketplace in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng but unfortunately it was closed so we had to settle at a nearby Minang restaurant,
See, I analyze both sides. Ye, saya seorang yang adil. Hahahaha.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
i just want to wish my dear Hindu friends (and readers, if any) a very HAPPY DEEPAVALI. have a joyous and colourful DEEPAVALI. may you all be blessed.
to others, enjoy the holiday, even if it's just a day, unless of course if you choose to extend the holiday.
aren't we lucky to live in Malaysia?
Friday, November 02, 2007
Last weekend was totally awesome. I was invited to join the Legal Awareness & Leadership for Lawyers by the Bar Council Legal Aid Center KL, which was held in
jumped and wriggled my legs until they told me to calm down. I didn't know I could be such a drama queen but when it comes to creepy crawlies, bugs and insects, I’ll be the biggest drama queen ever. Anyway the guys were so kind and lovely that they held my hand and one of them removed my shoe and sock. They tried to burn the pacat but it's stuck on the sock. Thankfully the pacat hasn't penetrated through the sock yet. I don't know what they did or how they do it but soon the pacat was removed. Phew. Then they told me to check my other foot, just to be safe. One guy was so sweet and kind enough that he actually took off my other shoe and sock and even checked between my toes! Isn’t that sweet or what? *awww* that almost melt my heart instantly. *blush* After all the drama, we head back to our hotel. The walk back was longer than the trail itself but since the air was cool and fresh, it was indeed a nice walk. At night, we had another session of talks. I kinda had trouble sleeping on the first night. The moment I closed my eyes, I start to imagine things, and by things I mean scary and nonsensical things. I was afraid to open my eyes for fear that I might see something. And that’s when some part of your body started to itch terribly. I didn’t even dare move a muscle so I just wished that the itch would go away. You see, the place itself is a quiet, sort of a tempat
On the second day, my roommates and I came down at 8.55 am. The seminar was supposed to start at 9 so we had to skip the nasi lemak breakfast. Instead we had a quick cuppa and a slice of bread. Again, padan muka sendiri. The second day was just as interesting. Surprisingly, I hardly feel sleepy during the talks. My team was in charge of the Cultural Night to be held later at night so we were busy brain-storming to come up with ideas etc. And since we were put in charge, we made the rules. *evil laugh* We assigned each team a task, namely singing, drama and dancing (what else?). We even compelled the facilitators to perform but we gave them a freedom to choose their performance so they came up with a Boria. We decorated and arranged the seminar room in such a way that it resembles a mini auditorium. We even decorated the ‘stage’ with colorful papers and the facilitators and participants gave us two thumbs up. Apparently they were so proud and impressed with us for organizing the Cultural Night. *grin* I was the emcee for the night together with my teammate, Darwina, thus no pic of us emceeing. = ( The night ended successfully, everyone was happy, we were ecstatic. Later at night, the guys had a ‘party’ in their room so we joined in. We talked, played cards and basically we just chilled and get to know each other better. (^_^)
On the third day, after breakfast we had another round of talk, evaluation session and soon it was time to leave. Funny how time flies so fast when you’re having fun. So we packed our bags, had lunch and left
Overall, it was a really good and memorable weekend. I was glad that I joined the trip. The facilitators were a sporting bunch; the participants were the coolest and fun people ever thus making it all the more enjoyable. The talks were an eye opener and very informative. Among the topics covered were Globalization, Democracy, Feminism, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills, Listening and Communication Skills and not to mention the fun and innovative games and activities.
So there. It’s picture time! I’m still waiting for my friends to send me some more pictures and once I get it from them. I shall upload it here (when and if I have the time). In the meantime, enjoy~
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
one more thing, is it just me or are pants getting super duper low-waisted nowadays? i hate low-waist cuts not because i don't have the perfect figure to flaunt 'em (yet) but simply because they are super duper low that my butt will be showing whenever i sit down, let alone when i bend down, to try on shoes for example. gosh. even if i have a trim waistline, i don't think i would want my butt to show, would i? unless if i decide not to sit at all the whole time, which is utterly ridiculous. whoever invented low-waisted jeans is an a**hole. and i mean it wholeheartedly. and i am not being a sour grape.
where the hell can i find pants/jeans etc that will fit me perfectly? any ideas/suggestions? maybe i should go to uk and shop, what say you sis? i'm sure i can find my size there. in fact, i feel 'small' there. or perhaps you can buy me a nice pair of jeans, say one from victoria beckham's clothing line or kate moss's (right, like they have my size) or any other funky, cool uk brand and courier it home? *batting eyelashes*
so, whoever says shopping is a therapy? to me, it is more stressful than anything else.
Monday, October 15, 2007
- this year's raya tv programs are dominated by apek, apek and more apek. you see, i kinda like watching apek and his
stupid jokesantics but too much of a good thing spoils everything, no? not that i'm saying that he's good though.
- i am not against giving duit raya but i just can't help feeling annoyed at kids who come just for the sake of getting duit raya. and to have no manners pulak tu! you invite them in and offer cookies and drinks. then when you ask them where they come from, they'll act all kerang busuk and tersengih-sengih, tersedut-sedut and konon malu2 nak jawab. what the hell man? datang rumah orang mintak duit raya tak malu pulak? and to think that they are at least 9-12 years old, some didn't even say thank you. what's happening here?? note to self: when i have kids in the future, i am gonna make sure that they have good manners or else.
- i know this is a time to forgive and forget but how can one tahan when some people who we meet once a year simply say things like "eh, makin sihat sekarang" or "orang bulan puasa makin kurus, ni makin sihat tengok" whaaaaaatt???? i mean, you don't look like nasha aziz yourself, do you? or maya karin. let alone hans isaac. or sheikh muszaphar. so why don't you shut your trap and count your blessings that i don't say something that might hurt you. kalau ikutkan hati, i would have easily blurt out some serious s*** but since we are relatives, terpaksalah tahan. nanti kata kurang ajar pulak, kan? grrr...nevermind, what goes around comes around. wait till your daughters/sons grow up and then we'll see how they turn out, okay?
Thursday, October 11, 2007
MAAF ZAHIR DAN BATIN
semoga kita semua diberkati dan dirahmati di bulan yang mulia ini. if i have offended you in one way or another, i am truly sorry. i am only human. God bless you all. have a happy raya, let this season of giving and forgiving be a happy and joyous occasion but let us not forget the needy ones and those who have left us. al-fatihah. to those who's gonna have a long journey, drive safely. don't be a statistic. people, eat
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
anyway i did my raya shopping last weekend. surprisingly, i did not really lose my cool so there's nothing much to talk about. 0=)
Thursday, October 04, 2007
anyway i got myself a nice baju kurung songket at sungai wang today. the thing about going shopping with your boyfriend i.e. a man, the typical hot-blooded, testosterone fueled male is that you can never get a decent and satisfying answer. when i showed him one baju and asked, 'cantik kan?' he answered, 'cantik.' i showed him another and said, 'cantik kan kaler ni, sweet/lembut sangat!' and he'll reply, 'a'ah.' when i was choosing the baju songket, there were four colours; blue, light orange, lavender and yellowish/grayish. i took the yellowish/grayish and showed it to him. i think it looked kinda dull. so i asked him, 'ok ke kaler ni? macam dull tak?' and he'd say, 'ok je.' then i showed him the lavender baju, 'yang ni cantik sangat, kan? tapi yang ni size S' duh, of course i won't fit into a size S! his reply was, 'ok jugak.' (with an obvious i'm bored - sleepy - tired - i - might - as - well - give - the - safest - answer - can - we - get - it - over - and - done - with - look plastered on his face) haih...apparently, everything looked ok to him. i can't get a decent answer, let alone an opinion. heck, i can't even get him to answer more than 5 words! too bad sis isn't here. i sure need some girl-opinion. *sigh* and mum won't be here this weekend too. i was thinking of getting another baju because this year we are not tempah-ing any baju since we won't be going to the palace anymore boohoo~ but by the looks of it, i'm gonna have to rely on my own conscience.
so, have you done your raya-shopping? a word of caution: if you plan to do your
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
- as of monday, 1st October, the tv channles on astro have changed from two digits to three digits. i don't see the point/reason/rational of doing such thing because it's not like they're improving the system or upgrading the services anyway. bila hujan, takde jugak siaran! anyway i find the new channel numbers ridiculous. the arrangements are a total mess, kelam kabut, huru hara. and being someone who suck at anything and everything that involve numbers, i know it's gonna take me some time to memorize the channel numbers. for the first time, i have the astro tv guide right in front of me because i had to refer to the channel numbers everytime i wanna change channel.
- i know i am not alone on this one because everyone i know loathe and hate big time the new KFC ad. it is simply ugly, annoying, menggelikan and everything else but good. what's with, everything? everytime i see that ad, i almost throw up and it really turn me off of kfc. seriously.
- i know we are living in a melting pot society yadayadayada but why, just why do people who don't fast have to eat at the time we are about to break fast? you won't die if you don't have your dinner at 7 sharp, would you? when we are busy looking for a place to eat, finding good seats and all, that's when you have to sit there and eat and taking your own sweet time to finish your meal. or that's when you want to join in the queue. sanggup tu!! so much for being sensitive, huh?
- i know there are no signs in an elevator saying "shh" or "quiet please" but i don't get how some people can be so ignorant and talk ever so loudly be it among themselves or on the phone. most of the time we will all be cramped in that tiny space and the last thing i want to do is listen to your conversation and damage my eardrums when you break into laughter or shout into your phone probably because the person on the other line can't even hear you because there's hardly any reception in the first place. and don't get me started with the smell of their breaths. i know it's fasting month but what about those who don't fast?
Monday, October 01, 2007
- who's gonna go taiwan-noodling with me?
- who's gonna buy me the occasional choccies?
- who's gonna sms me asking whether i'll be breaking fast at home or not?
- who's gonna rebut2 work shirts with me?
- who's gonna share handbags with me?
- who's gonna rebut the internet modem with me?
- who;s gonna watch ANTM and My Super Sweet 16 with me?
- who's gonna 'accidentally' open the bathroom door when i'm inside?
- with whom am i gonna
bitchgossip about that girl, that guy, you-know-who, him, her, the girl who's you-know-what, that chick, that blog, that woman, that makcik, the s0-called-whatever etc etc?
- who's gonna go raya-shopping with me this year?
- who's gonna buy me and mummy matching kaftans for raya this year?
- who's gonna slave in the kitchen with me and mummy the day before raya?
anyway sis, i wish you all the best. take good care of yourself. we'll definitely see you soon, real soon okay? *hugs*
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
I’m in a dilemma. You see, if I wake up for sahur, dapat pahala. If I don't, tak dapat pahala. Simple as that. Besides, it's only once a year where we get to wake up for sahur, isn't it? But the problem is, getting up for sahur is one thing while getting up after sleeping after sahur is another. Get what I mean? I don’t know about you but when I sleep after sahur,which is everytime, I will have such a hard time getting up later on. Nak kata setan, they are all locked up, right? So it’s me then. After sahur I get to sleep for about 1-1 ¾ hrs and that 1-1 ¾ hrs means a whole lot to me. It pre-determines how my day’s gonna be like. But then again, why do I find myself feeling groggy, drowsy and super duper sleepy when I wake up? Why oh why is this happening? Of all days, on Tuesday, I kinda overslept when I have an important meeting with a client at Saujana Golf & Country Club, Subang at . I woke up for sahur, got back to sleep and set my alarm at 820am. I set my mind that I have to be out by 9. But lo and behold, I woke up at 9!!! I literally jumped off my bed and had a
really quick bath. The cold water woke me up instantly. My heart was thumping and my head was banging. You know how it feels like when you wake up in shock. I thought, s***! What if I don’t make it on time? What will my Boss say and think of me? Of course the file is with me and I’m responsible for it. What will the client think? So many questions played in my mind and luckily I managed to get ready in 15 minutes. I don’t know if I looked like Bozo the clown though because I did my make-up in a rush. Surprisingly traffic in honking, flashing and cursing on in one piece on time but of course the Boss arrived first and was already waiting for me at the parking lot. Boohoo~ As for the meeting, it went well, but for a mere 30 minutes or so. *sigh* All the trouble, rushing, cursing and what not for a 30-minute session.
So my point here is, should I or should I not wake up for sahur? If I do, surely I will go back to sleep after that, which will result in me being overslept. If I don’t go back to sleep, what was I supposed to do? Study? It’s not like I have exams anymore or has revisions to do. Hahaha. Read books? Puhhleezzzz… Watch tv? Don’t think so. Beribadat? Ehehehehe… On the other hand, if I don’t sahur, tak dapat pahala sahur. And I will end up feeling extra hungry. So how laaa…???
Friday, September 14, 2007
i'm sure you very well know that it is the holy month of Ramadhan now. today is
can you do me a favor and make the time pass by faster? i would really appreciate it if you could. ok, i know i may be
your cooperation is highly appreciated.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
as of today, 1st Ramadhan, my official working hours is 845am-445pm. *yippee* with no lunch break, of course. so whoever wants to
Monday, September 10, 2007
my dearest friends iza, cik mim, sara, diyana and ezrina (and her two cute little sisters) came and helped me carry the dulang hantaran (which sis & i made ourselves thankyouverymuch) and also helped me to give out the goodie bags to the guests. i owe them so much. thank you ladies. i would have been tak menang tangan if it weren't for you ladies. big bro's gf also helped out. thanks kak suria! i had my maid make my updo that day as it will be too hot to let my hair down. the rombongan arrived at about 11-ish and after the discussions, berbalas pantun and what not, i had to lead sis out of her room to the pelamin for the sarung-cincin ceremony. alhamdulillah it all went well. my sis is officially engaged to her boyfy. sorry guys, eat your hearts out. =D i've made a slideshow because there are just too many pretty pictures so i just had to put them all. sis had prettypeektures as the photographer. the 'professional' pics will be uploaded soon, i hope. it might take a while for the slide to completely download, depends on your internet connection. enjoy!
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
since we are on the topic of 'etiquette', i will be sitting for my ethics exam this Thursday. there will be a lecture tomorrow. i have got my bundle of notes (by bundle, i mean a lot, thick like a telephone directory. okay, slightly smaller than a telephone directory) which i have not even read yet. not a single topic. not a single chapter. thank God it is an open book exam but what puzzles me the most is the fact that about 80% people failed the exam in the last two batches. yes, 80%. this is a scary figure. now i am feeling the heat. i hate exams. just when you think you're done with exams because you're no longer in uni, you're wrong. damn. i better start