Thursday, October 13, 2016

Who Doesn't Love Snacking?

Imagine this: You are in your office, reading through mountains of files all morning. Your tummy starts grumbling and when you look at the clock, it's nowhere near lunch time. Happens all the time, right? You feel like you have spent hours in the office and yet the time is actually moving at a tortoise's pace. Annoying, I know. Your tummy starts calling for some foods but you wanted to have something light so as not to ruin your appetite for lunch. What do you normally have for snacks?
Sometimes I have japanese cucumber, cherry tomatoes, strawberries and grapes (not in picture) for snacks. This is usually when the fridge is well-stocked or we have just done our grocery shopping. Sometimes I eat chocolates, biscuits or kerepek. You know how these are loaded with sugar, salt and preservatives, don't you and snacking on them on a daily basis won't do you any good.
I have heard about Signature Snack for a while now. I have subscribed to their newsletter but I have never come around to making any orders or any purchase from them. Honestly I find the stuffs they sell are a bit on the expensive side. 

However, on Monday, 10.10.2016, they had a one-day promotion where a lot of items on sale were priced at RM10.10! I thought that was a good deal so I went ahead and made a few purchases. This morning my parcel of goodness came.
Look at all those goodness in a box! I ordered on Monday and the parcel came today because apparently "Some of the items are freshly bake hence it is worth the wait." What did I order? Here is the list:
  1. California Walnut Natural (raw)- I plan to use this in my brownies and/or carrot cake
  2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
  3. Berry Treasure- a combination of dried cranberries, dried blackcurrants and dried blueberries. These can either be added to my overnight oats or into my cupcakes and muffins
  4. Salted Vanilla Cashew Crumble
  5. Chocolate Chip Almond Crumble
  6. Triple Choc Cookies
  7. Organic Chia Seeds
  8. Organic Five Grain Rice- consists of organic brown rice, organic red rice, organic buckwheat, organic millet and organic black rice. Question is, how the heck do you cook this and what do you eat this with? I simply bought this to try because they were so cheap for a packet of 500g! They were sold for RM6.90 on that day. Impulse buying! 
Anyway I am glad I managed to grab the promotion price because it was totally worth it. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of chocolates and I have already opened the Triple Choc Cookies. They were crunchy and yummy! I can't wait to try the other cookies. So if you are looking for a healthy snack, head on over to their website.

No comments: