Monday, November 04, 2013

weekend project part 34

This is my second attempt at making cinnamon rolls. The first time I tried, the yeast didn't work so my dough didn't rise as it should. When I baked, the end product was a rock hard bread which ended up in the dustbin. But that did not deter me from making it again. This time I used a different recipe. Some people find working with yeast intimidating but as long as you follow the recipe religiously, Insyaallah it will turn out great. Recipe is from Sallys Baking Addiction.

Making cinnamon rolls is actually quite easy. The only thing is, you have to rest the dough for it to rise and double in size. See the before and after picture above. After an hour, the dough fluffed up and rise and filled the gaps. I should have not put all dough in one tin because I am sure they would fluff up more given the room. My rolls ended up squished against each other lol. You know your rolls will turn out fine when you see that it has doubled in size.


After baking for about 25 minutes, this is how they look like. I put a light glaze on them because I don't want them to be too sweet.

You can see how fluffy the rolls are. My family loved it! This recipe is definitely a keeper. Next time I will try put some nuts, raising and chocolate chips.

No comments: