Friday, October 11, 2013

Cinnamon Twists for tea, anyone?

I have so many things bottled up inside me but I just can't write it here. Sigh. How I wish I could....
Anyway, bad mood and negative vibes aside, nothing else can cheer me up like Babycakes did. Indeed it is true that a child is the most precious gift from Allah swt. Even though she drives me up the wall on a daily basis, she is the one who always puts a smile on my face.
Babycakes was having fever for the past 2 days but I had a trial in Shah Alam on Tuesday and Wednesday that I couldn't take leave. I felt so bad for her. Even though her fever was not that high but I won't know if she is well rested at the nursery. So yesterday I took an emergency leave and stayed home with her for her to recover. In the evening, I made cinnamon twists for tea and ate them with nutella. I got the recipe from this site. I have a packet of puff pastry in the freezer so while Babycakes was napping, I went to the kitchen.  I don't have chocolate chips so I just used a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling. I spread some nutella on them before eating.
I know, they're not the prettiest cinnamon twists you have ever seen but the taste was great! You can add chopped nuts if you like. I don't have any in my pantry.

Babycakes just woke up from her nap and we devoured the home made cinnamon twists. Give it a try. It is really easy, I kid you not.

No comments: