Wednesday, February 13, 2008

love-hate

my love-hate relationship with London.

  1. I love the beautiful country but I hate the bloody cold weather. I don’t know how it’s like in spring, summer or autumn though because everytime I go there, it’s winter time because apparently that’s the only time of the year that all of us are free to go.
  2. I love shopping in London but i hate the fact that the shops close as early as 5pm. How boring.
  3. I love shopping in London because i can easily get shirts and pants my size. a plus point is that it makes me feel a teeny bit small because there's always bigger sizes available. =D
  4. I love the shops and the sale but I hate the fact that we have to multiply our currency by a whopping 6.5-7 times! No doubt that the stuffs there are relatively low priced but if you multiply it to RM, it equals to just about the same, if not more.
  5. I love to go to their supermarkets because there are a lot of processed and frozen foods that just sounds so yummy and easy to prepare. I know it’s not healthy but wouldn’t it be great to just go to a supermarket and grab something to eat or on the way back you buy something, pop it in the oven for a minute or two and voila, a complete meal is ready in just the blink of an eye. Unfortunately it’s not halal. Unlike our foods, kena tumis beria, santan segala. so leceh!
  6. I love the complicated and many underground lines and the names of each of the station but i hate it when i have to walk so far just to change to the next line and when the station have no escalator.
  7. I love the way the drivers respect pedestrians. They actually stopped at zebra lines. Unlike here in KL, even when the light is green for people to cross, motorists ignored it, especially motorbikes. To make matters worst, I have to make sure that the vehicles are at a complete stop before i dare to cross the road. Over there in the UK, they will stop at zebra lines, even when there's no traffic light.

despite my love-hate relationship, i will be back for the fifth, sixth, seventh time lalala. revisiting the places bring back fond memories. unfortunately i cannot post the pics here just yet because i'm having some problem with my lappy. i think the lcd screen has gone kaput. tsk. will have to send it to low yat to get it checked, which means more money. it doesn't help that i have a hole in my pocket thanks to shopping like crazy in London. *sigh* what a timing huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"it doesn't help that i have a hole in my pocket thanks to shopping like crazy in London" --> hahaha...especially when i'm around, right? i told you shopping is addictive here!

Unknown said...

babe, if i'm earning the pounds, ok la. try earning RM. hnss~ but a plus point is that i have u there so that u can buy stuffs for me lalala~