Friday, August 23, 2013

homemade pizza

Last week, I was feeling extra hardworking that I wanted to make my own pizza. I bought the ingredients the day before so I could have homemade pizza for dinner on Friday. I bought a Betty Crocker pizza crust mix, not the frozen, ready-made ones. All you have to do is add 1/4 cup of warm water to the mix and mix together and let it sit for about 5 minutes. The toppings on my pizza was simple. I put some tomato puree, chicken hotdogs, mozzarella cheese and cold chicken lyoner. I used Gourmessa brand. This is the type of meat where you can make cold sandwiches with. Once the dough has rested, I spread it in a round baking tin before putting the toppings. I baked the pizza for about 15minutes.


 Before the pizza went into the oven.

 Pizza fresh from the oven. Just look at the cheese!! The house smelled so good when the pizza was baking.

The almost-finished pizza.

Taste-wise, it is not as great as Pizza Hut, I must admit. Maybe because of the minimal ingredients and I simply used tomato puree anyway and not some fancy schmancy tomato sauce. If I had Prego spaghetti sauce, I would have definitely used it but I didn't have any. As for the cheese, it was not as gooey and stringy as Pizza Hut's mozzarella cheese.So next time, maybe we'll just call Pizza Hut Delivery.

No comments: